*MADE IN USA*
The SunStar Solar Freezer Series is specially designed to take advantage of rising solar and alternative energy markets. With a specially patented and uniquely in-house designed compressor, we made it possible and pioneered the largest market sized DC powered chest freezer. Backed by our long history in manufacturing, we believe strongly in our products and ability to craft quality and reliable products.
SunStar Solar Freezers are constructed with 4.6 inches of polyurethane insulation, making this one of the best in class in not only keeping your freezer cold, but also keeping energy consumption as low as possible. The SunStar Solar freezer also comes equipped with a built in automatic 12V/24V current switch to allow for operations for almost any battery, location, or situation.
SunStar Solar Freezers also features a galvanized steel interior for durability and longevity, a double gasket design to ensure the tightest seal possible, along with a cooling fan to enhance the life of the compressor and in turn your freezer.
SunStar Solar Freezers are designed with consumer and commercial use in mind. The philosophy behind this product is efficiency, durability, quality, and value.
- Home – Replacing traditional heavy consumption refrigerators
- Cabin/Cottages – Go off-grid, instead of paying for electric bills convert to self-sustaining
- RV/Mobile – Applicable to sustainable and mobile applications
- Rural/Off-grid – Anywhere it may be costly or not feasible to pull electric lines
- Replacing Gas powered units
- 4.6 inch Polyurethane walls
- Double lid gasket
- Interior lid light
- Air cooled condenser for fast cool down
- Coated steel interior for good looks and easy cleaning
- Two in one thermostat (refrigerator or freezer)
- Portable - 6 heavy duty casters on the bottom
- Total Volume: 595 Liters / 21 cu ft
- Cooling System: Direct Cooling
- Temperature Control: Mechanism
- Rated Operating Voltage: 12V 9.6 - 17V / 24V 21.3 - 31.5V
- Rated Current (A): 30/15 Amp 12/24 VDC
- Typical Power Draw: 105 Watt
- Refrigerant Agent: R134A
- Blowing Agent: Polyurethane
- Product Dimensions (inches): Width 82.25" x Height 37.7" x Depth 30.75"
- Carton Box Dimension (inches): Width 85" x Height 41" x Depth 32"
- Product Weight: 230 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 270 lbs
- Performance Warranty: 2 Yrs
Energy Consumption Guide (Based on 24 Hr Time Period) @ 12VDC with No Door Openings
|Room Temp (Below)||@ 38° F (+3° C)||@ 0° F (-18° C)|
|70° F (21° C)||218 WHR||605 WHR|
|90° F (32° C)||435 WHR||
The Danfoss product line in DC compressors is very small, and they only produce small
capacity compressors. Most manufacturers that use the Danfoss DC compressor have sped the
RPM up to the maximum unknowingly (because of low noise). The compressor runs extended
amounts of time due to the capacity being so small. Due to run time being high and at high RPM
more wear is caused resulting in premature compressor failure. The quality of the Danfoss is
good, however, the controllers are a limiting factor and they are not as robust as Sunstar’s
Keota is a very large compressor manufacturer producing many thousands of compressors
annually. Keota’s wide product line including larger sized DC compressors as well as small and
medium sizes allows Sunstar to properly size the compressor to the appliance. The sound level
is very similar to the Danfoss compressors.
Sunstar has had better success rate with Keota compressors than we had with Danfoss in the
In summary, Sunstar chooses “sized compressor according to the appliance size”, and lower
RPM for better COP value which means longer life and better efficiency.