Made in the USA
SunStar's largest upright refrigerator featuring 4 inch foam walls on all sides, boasting 2 compressors which means the top and lower compartment fully function apart from each other. There is no air exchange therefore no fresh food tasting ice cubes! The 2 compressor design also enables to operate in ambient temperatures down to mid 30 degrees without compromising the temperature in the freezer. Now featuring air circulation in the lower compartment to achieve the (No Warm Spots) design.The SunStar Solar Refrigerator comes equipped with a built in automatic 12V/24V current switch to allow for operations for almost any battery, location, or situation.
SunStar Solar refrigerators are designed with consumer and commercial use in mind.
The philosophy behind this product is efficiency, durability, quality, and value.
- 4" insulated walls
- Top - Refrigerate or Freeze, Bottom - Refrigerate
- Defrost: Top-Manual, Bottom-Automatic
- Each compartment has its own compressor
- Air cooled compressor for fast cool-down
- Front roller adjustable leveling legs
- Even temperature design, no warm spots
- Interior lights in both compartments
- Fast cooling system
- Reversible door
- Total Volume: 454 Liters / 16 cu ft - Top 4.8 cu ft / Bottom 11.2 cu ft
- Cooling System: Direct Cooling
- Temperature Control: Mechanism
- Rated Operating Voltage: 12V 9.6 -17V / 24V 21.3 - 31.5V
- Fuse Rating (A): 30 / 15 Amp 12/24 VDC
- Typical Power Draw: 40 Watt - 110 Watt
- Refrigeration Agent: R134A
- Blowing Agent: Polyurethane
- Product Dimensions: W 31" x H 68" x D 33.25"
- Carton Dimensions: W 32" x H 75" x D 36"
- Product Weight: 238 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 295 lbs
- Performance Warranty: 2 Yrs
Energy Consumption Guide (Based on 24 Hr Time Period) @ 12VDC with No Door Openings
|Room Temp (Below)||
||Upper Compartment 0° F||Lower Compartment 38° F|
|70° F (21° C)||74 WHR||260 WHR||155 WHR|
|90° F (32° C)||167 WHR||433 WHR||295 WHR|
The Danfoss product line in DC compressors is very small, and they only produce small
capacity compressors. Most manufacturers that use the Danfoss DC compressor have sped the
RPM up to the maximum unknowingly (because of low noise). The compressor runs extended
amounts of time due to the capacity being so small. Due to run time being high and at high RPM
more wear is caused resulting in premature compressor failure. The quality of the Danfoss is
good, however, the controllers are a limiting factor and they are not as robust as Sunstar’s
Keota is a very large compressor manufacturer producing many thousands of compressors
annually. Keota’s wide product line including larger sized DC compressors as well as small and
medium sizes allows Sunstar to properly size the compressor to the appliance. The sound level
is very similar to the Danfoss compressors.
Sunstar has had better success rate with Keota compressors than we had with Danfoss in the
In summary, Sunstar chooses “sized compressor according to the appliance size”, and lower
RPM for better COP value which means longer life and better efficiency.